Mother’s Day is around the corner!
Mother’s Day is one of my favorite holidays! My mom is my best friend, so having a chance to celebrate her and all that she’s done for my brother and me is the best! We usually do something as a family, and the last couple years we’ve celebrated with a brunch. So fun!
Of course, no Mother’s Day celebration is complete without a gift or two! But, picking out that gift can be a little tricky. Fortunately, my parents just moved to a new house with property, so it’s been a little easier to gift them with things for their home, yard, etc. Last year, my brother and I went together and bought a BEAUTIFUL flowering cherry tree for Mom!
But this year, they’re actually redoing their entire yard, so it’s back to the drawing board! I always try to do my best to make sure that the gifts I choose will be used and enjoyed. Therefore, I usually spend quite a bit of time thinking about what I want to give.
Here are this year’s ideas that may inspire you, too!
PLANTS & FLOWERS
- I’ve had my eye on this CUT FLOWER GARDEN book for a few weeks! Having fresh flowers in my house brings so much cheer! Growing your own makes it a lot easier on the pocketbook, too.
- Hanging baskets have been a go-to option for years! I love exploring our local nursery to find the perfect basket for each person! Or, oftentimes Costco has some really nice options at great prices.
- Flower planters are another favorite. You can by them already planted, or you can create your own. Remember: thrill, fill, and spill (CLICK HERE for instructions). Just be sure to think about where the planter will be placed so you can buy appropriate plants – shade vs. sun.
DO IT YOURSELF
- THIS GUIDE is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and is full of fun simple recipes like bath gels, bath salts, sleepy cream, milk baths, and more! It’s definitely worth taking a look through. Gather your ingredients and some cute containers, and have fun creating!
- Essential-oil infused EYELASH SERUM is super fun and easy! It only takes a few ingredients and it works like a champ.
- These ROOM SPRAYS also only take a few ingredients, and are easy to customize! You could do floral scents, something citrusy, woodsy – whatever she likes!
- One of the main reasons I love making this HAND SOAP is because of the super cute dispensers! Mom and I both have these in our bathrooms and kitchens.
- I love the recipes that you can find on THE DROPPERY for lotion, body butter, healing salve recipes, etc. I think I’ve made them all, and have been pleased with how well they work. And once again, you get to pick your own scents!
- Maybe you want to help your Mom really invest in her health. Gift her with a PREMIUM STARTER KIT. What an awesome gift of wellness that just keeps on giving!
- You can’t go wrong with a special piece of jewelry! These are some of my favorites that I found on Etsy:
- My parents actually gifted this one to us and it’s easily one of the best things we’ve received over the years: a KEURIG COFFEE MAKER. It isn’t something that we would have bought ourselves, but we LOVE it and use it every day. Perfect if your mom is a coffee drinker!
- Your mom needs to be a makeup fan for this one, but definitely take a look at OMIANA if makeup is something that she enjoys! Mom and I both love this company’s non-toxic products!
I know that there are so many other fun ideas out there, but hopefully this gives you a good start! Happy gifting!